The Pride Constellation: United States Marriage Equality Flag Project is looking for several outgoing individuals to join our leadership team on a national LGBT rights initiative that will surely captivate a global audience.
Help us to tell our stories about gaining marriage equality rights - one pink star at a time.
Beyond an insane passion for LGBT rights, social media, video special events, and in addition to all the usual self-starter traits that you undoubtedly possess, you’ll need an equally huge passion for creating opportunities.
This volunteer opportunity comes with our deepest gratitude and appreciation! We will need your help to tap the full potential of social media’s enormous communications channel. It is excellent opportunity to develop and hone your video, editing, social networking, and promotional skills while gaining valuable, high-profile experience while working with well known and respected brands and individuals.
We are headquartered in San Diego’s colorful and vibrant, Hillcrest neighborhood. Much of this work and collaboration is virtual, but we do plan to meet as a team periodically. The position can be molded to fit the individual’s strengths and interests.
You will have the satisfaction knowing that you are an integral part in what we believe will be a historic project with a national impact.
Please note: Volunteer positions are unpaid, but do include occasional perks such as group dinners and outings as well as invitations to special events and other networking events.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation that their resume has been received. Once all applicants have been pre-screened, those accepted for an interview will be notified by email. All applicants will be considered for the team and are invited to participate, however only one applicant will be selected as a manager. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
To apply for any of the positions below:
Email: Eddie Rey at
1. A brief statement telling us why you would like to volunteer, along with a general resume. The title of the position (such as “Social Media Strategist” or Photographer/Videographer Volunteer ”) MUST appear in the subject line of the email.
2. A current resume
(no more than 2 pages) clearly stating your skills, past experience, education plus other attributes showing why you are an ideal candidate for this unique opportunity. Internship applicants may substitute a “Personal Statement” with your education, future goals and relevant skills in place of a resume.
3. Please indicate hours of availability and date available to start in the cover letter
- - - - - - - - - - AVAILABLE VOLUNTEER POSITIONS - - - - - - - - - -
SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGIST (SMS)
You are about to graduate from college, or you just graduated from college. You love social media—Google +, Instagram, Twitter, Foursquare, Vine, YouTube—sure, even Facebook. You love to socialize, be fun, fabulous, and know how to create an online presence. You’ll be perfect as our Social Media Strategist (SMS)!
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Social Media Strategist will create innovative and exciting methods for public awareness and engagement through various social media platforms. Through creative, clear and compelling web and social media communications the SMS will drive engagement and awareness of the Pride Constellation Flag Project and our Indiegogo crowd-funding campaign. The Social Media Strategist should represent the organization and its mission in a positive and productive manner while always seeking to cultivate collaboration and promote LGBT rights across the nation.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive social media strategy that defines how social media marketing techniques will be applied to increase visibility.
- Lead the development of organization-wide social media management standards, policies and rules of engagement for social media.
- Mentor and provide training to necessary individuals throughout the organization on best practices for creating, managing, monitoring, and developing content for social networks.
- Maintain various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Wordpress, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Write copy for a monthly newsletter, website and social media updates.
Time Commitment: Three Weeks of each month will require 2-5 hours/week. One week of each month will require 5-10 hours/week.
- Current college enrollment or degree (preferred but not necessary).
- Demonstrated experience and passion for the social technology universe.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong social media know-how.
- Aptitude to develop and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and juggle several assignments at once.
- Knowledge of LGBT civil rights and current affairs.
PHOTOGRAPHY/VIDEO & FILM PRODUCTION
Ladies with an attitude, fellows that were in the mood, don’t just stand there let’s get to it. Strike a pose, there’s nothing to it. Vogue, vogue…
We’re also looking for hard-working, organized photography and video interns to work directly on a variety of projects. As a photo/video intern, you’ll be responsible for activities including managing shoots in our establishments, post-production workflow, building a creative commons music library and coordinating our YouTube and Vimeo presence. Applicants should have knowledge of HD Video/DSLR video and DSLR photography. You must be fluent in Final Cut Pro 7 and X, have an eye for text and interest in graphic design and know how to use YouTube and Vimeo.
You must provide your own basic equipment (camera, tripod, lens, bags etc.). Additional equipment, such as lights, external microphones, webcast/podcast equipment, is provided by Pride Constellation.
When applying for the Photography/Video & Film Production Volunteer Please include a link to your demo reel/portfolio.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Videotape and audio record speaking engagements, fundraisers, recruitment events and brainstorming sessions.
- Orchestrate video shoots, to include the construction of the finished presentation, the need for one or two cameras, location and composition obtained from each angle, and physical environment of the shoot and optimal lighting and camera setup.
- Edit broadcast footage from outside media for internal use.
- Resolve unique conflicts between PowerPoint files and audio video (AV) files necessary to provide AV support in creating presentations.
- Convert PowerPoint files to CD, DVD, or analog tapes as auto running or viewer controlled presentations.
- Create flash content for use in kiosk presentations, to include basic knowledge of HTML and Action Script.
- Coordinates pre-production and production planning activities.
- Must have the physical ability to carry, transport and set up lighting and audio equipment as required; provides limited troubleshooting and maintenance of field production equipment as well as ability to hold camera equipment for an extended period of time.
- Plans and performs video post-production tasks which includes reviewing footage, making editorial decisions, tape logging, rough cuts, audio adjustment, color correction, and final editing.
- Utilizes computer graphics and special effects for video post-production in accordance with the overall production concepts
- Compresses video projects for output; make video products available in a variety of formats; and coordinates internal and external duplication services as required.
- Working experience in video editing, this includes videotaping, audio recording, replicating taped and recorded footage and conversion to other media.
- Experience with professional photographic equipment, digital SLR cameras, interchangeable lenses and flash equipment as well as portable lighting.
- Knowledge of Internet Authoring conventions as they pertain to uploading video and audio files on internet sites.
- Be passionate about using digital tools to increase restaurant sales, nightlife events and promoting company partners.
- Be well-versed in various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vine, Vimeo, Yelp, Google + etc.
- Be very organized, have a strong attention to detail, and be able to complete projects independently
- Be very tech savvy (online applications as well as Microsoft Office software)
- Have great written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with HTML, Adobe CS5 or higher, Photoshop, or video editing skills are a plus
- - - - - - - - - - Other Important Information - - - - - - - - - -
• We are a casual/business casual dress environment.
• The volunteer announcements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel in those positions.
• Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.
• The job descriptions above reflect management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Critical features of this job are described under the headings below each volunteer opportunity. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Selections are made as the applicant pool allows and will continue until until the position is filled.
Pride Constellation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.